DCRO ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP
At the DCRO Committee meeting on 17 October 2018, the Committee agreed to pilot a new form of DCRO membership aimed primarily at ex-members and members who can no longer fulfill the commitments of a fully operational team member, but who still want to maintain contact with the team, and possibly help in some way with fund raising and other tasks in support of the team.
This will be called Associate Membership, and it will run as a pilot until it is formalised at a future A.G.M.
• will not need to fulfill any training commitments;
• will receive communications from the team (news and activities);
• may join in with any DCRO activity, at the discretion of the organiser;
• will not be subject to any subscriptions;
• will not feature on any Callout Lists;
• will not feature in any DCRO email list other than the full team list;
• will not be able to vote at any DCRO meeting.
Just like Full Team Membership, Associate Membership is subject to annual renewal/confirmation via the January DCRO Update.
This is because data protection was tightened up in April 2018 (GDPR), and consent is now required from all members so that DCRO can hold and use members’ contact details
If you know somebody who used to be on the team and who you think may be interested in becoming an Associate Member, please feel free to tell them to look at this page.
Or if you yourself are a team member, but you are struggling to meet operational requirements but would like to maintain contact with the team, and maybe help on a less demanding basis, perhaps Associate Membership is something for you to think about?
The application form for Associate Membership can be downloaded from here. dcro_associate_v4